White Chocolate mousse with Drunken Plums
A perfect share for two for Valentines Day!
You cannot go wrong with serving up a chocolate mousse for a special romantic home dinner on Valentines Day. If you are dining in, try this simple to make White Chocolate Mousse with Drunken Plums to add some extra spice to your special evening!
How long you need to work on it: 30 minutes
How long it takes: 2-3 hours
Ingredients- Chocolate Mousse
- 70 ml milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 leaf of gelatin
- 100gm white chocolate
- 150gm whipped cream
- White chocolate shavings to garnish the dish
- Soak the gelatin in cold water.
- Bring the milk and vanilla to the boil.
- Squeeze the water from the gelatin leaf.
- Remove the milk from the heat and add the gelatin and chocolate so it can melt.
- Chill the mix to room temperature.
- Fold the whipped cream in and fill into serving glasses and chill in the fridge.
Ingredients- Drunken Plums
- 2 tablespoon of caster sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 75 ml red port wine
- 200gm plums (use cherries as a replacement)
- Caramelize the sugar in a small sauce pan.
- Once golden add the port wine and cinnamon remove from the heat and wait until the sugar has dissolved.
- In-between remove the stone of the plums and cut the fruits into 5 mm large cubes and place into a bowl.
- Bring the port wine mix once to the boil and pour hot over the plums. Place the plums into the fridge to chill.
Remove the chocolate mousse from the fridge and garnish with some of the plums in its center.
Pour the port wine juice over and garnish with some of the white chocolate shavings. Dust