Tuna Pasta Salad
A great dish to create in advance and serve cold or keep for work or school lunches.
This recipe is crisp and subtle and can be used as the base for a variety of pasta dishes.
You may choose to add all types of salad leafs and vegetables to this salad. Rocket, spinach, diced tomato and cucumber are great additions. This salad is also ideal for work lunches as it will last in the fridge for up to five days.
- 100gm of pasta
- Zest of ¼ lemon
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- 1 small can of tuna in spring water drained
- 2 tablspoon of olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- ¼ cup of walnuts or any other nuts of your liking
- ¼ clove of garlic peeled and crushed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 2-3 anchoivis fillets
- Parmesan chopped
- Little chopped chili optional
- Bring a pot with water to the boil and add the teaspoon of salt.
- Add the pasta and cook according to the cooking instructions of the brand you use.
- Stir the pasta from time to time to avoid it from sticking together.
- While the pasta cooking heat a frying pan for 1 minute.
- Add the olive oil to the pan and add the garlic for a minute then add the anchovies and the walnuts for 30 seconds
- When the pasta is cooked drain it through the strainer and let sit for 1 minute so that some of the water can steam away
- Add all of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and stir together.
- When the pasta has cooled then add leafs or other additions to the pasta mix.