Slow Cooked Chicken & Mushroom Stew
What better meal than Stew to eat as the weather turns cold, and what better way to cook meat than Slow Cooking!
This slow-cooked chicken meal will nourish you and warm your body and soul. It is a great way to shield th body from the nasty cold viruses going around and it is sure to impress your family or friends.’
You can use a slow cooker to prepare this recipe or alternatively use a large pot.
The recipe says to use chicken stock, but if you have chicken bone broth then this would be an even better option!
- 8 chicken maryland’s
- 600g baby potato’s
- 400g of carrots peeled and chopped into big chunks
- 400g of button mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion chopped roughly
- 3 spins of fresh thyme
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Place flour in a large bag and add the chicken in and toss it to coat.
- Heat half the oil in a pan and cook the chicken in two batches for 6-7 minutes or until well browned.
- transfer the chicken to your slow cooker or large pot.
- Cook onion, garlic and herbs in the pan over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened then transfer them to the slow cooker/pot.
- Add the potatoes and carrot to the slow cooker/pot.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan on a medium heat. Cook the mushrooms for 5 minutes, stirring them. Then also transfer them to the slow cooker/pot.
- Add the white wine to the pan and bring to the boil for approx. 3 minutes. Then add the reduced wine and stock to the slow cooker/pot.
- Arrange the chicken in the slow cooker/pot and cook covered on a low heat for 6 hours.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to a serving dish to serve at the table.